Aftermarket sunroof - C&C?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Aftermarket sunroof - C&C?
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:43:24 -0800
A local racer asked me this and I didn't know what to say: Is an
aftermarket sunroof considered C&C? I would hope so, I'd hate to tell
the guy he has to run Mod just because he has a sunroof, but a strict
reading of the rules would indicate that it's not legal (if it doesn't
say you can, you can't). OTOH a sunroof certainly can't help
performance since it would weaken the body structure somewhat which
should more than offset any potential weight reductions.

Opinions?

- Alan Dahl