Re: Prep/Mods in Pro Solo

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prep/Mods in Pro Solo
From: KWall73108@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:26:43 EST
In a message dated 12/31/01 1:17:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
adahl@eskimo.com writes:

<<
 This is not true at all, at least not in C mod. We would get just as
 many runs out of a set of Hoosier R25 slicks as I get out of a set of
 Hoosier autocross radials on the Miata, if not more. When it comes to
 wear and tear a well-prepped Formula Ford is every bit as reliable as a
 stock class car. That whole season of '97 we did nothing more than roll
 the car on and off the trailer and change fluids, that's it. Sure there
 is always some off-season maintenance  with a mod car but it's usually
 not that bad if you built the car right in the first place.

 - Alan Dahl

Roughly how many runs is that and how much do those slicks cost versus the
DOTs cost and what's the proportion of Hooseir (short wearing) DOTs to Kuhmo
(long wearing) DOTs at the PROs?