Re: Course design safety - formerly Re: autox insurance

To: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@ghg.net>, "Team. Net"
Subject: Re: Course design safety - formerly Re: autox insurance
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:35:52 -0600
Or as someone once put it to me: Imagine the novice driver with a stuck
throttle having catastrophic brake failure right HERE!

Also, a key factor to making a course easy for even a novice to find his/her
way through is that they sometimes get lost in most inventive ways and thus
come way too close to fixed objects that were never seen as hazards because
they were "too far from the course." Haven't most of us, at one time or
another, seen the novice somehow end up driving the course in the wrong
direction? (and you hope a second car hasn't started already!)

--Rocky