Re: different racing experience

To: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: different racing experience
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 20:59:04 -0700 (PDT)
Those weren't walls. They were curbs.

(Old joke from early imported sports car days.)

I did a truck event at Indpls Raceway Park and had a ball! These were
bigger than the Legends cars, though. I could see over the walls, which
combined with the size of the truck, probably made them less
intimidating. I'm looking forward to trying a 1/5 mile slightly banked
oval in a "Roadrunner" (http://www.speedrome.com) on 6/16 or 6/17. I
have to admit that I like autocross better than multi-car track events
at road racing venues, but I find that ovals are busy enough that I
don't get bored even though I'm just turning left! It's easy to get
bored when you have a 3/4 mile straightaway and a SOHC Neon.  ;-)

Bob Monday

<snip>...it was really intimidating to have the walls right