Re: different racing experience

Subject: Re: different racing experience
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:08:58 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Buddy Ahlers wrote:
> Going down the back stretch, it was running
> about 103 mph and I got tunnel vision.  It was really
> weird.  It looked to me like star wars or
> something...everything going by way faster than it
> should.  Then I spun, and broke the darn
> starter...game over.
>
> Has anyone else ever had that happen?  I think I could
> handle it if I got a chance to practice a little more,
> but it was really intimidating to have the walls right
> there at all times.

I've driven on an oval exactly one time, when I was warming up tires at a
test and tune at a local speedway infield.  I was in my neon and I was
_very_ aware of the extremely hard looking walls all around.  I went no
faster than I was comfortable doing (3rd in the neon) and didn't think it
was all that bad, but when I pitted, everyone asked me if I broke
something as I was going so slowly... :-)

Mark

(of course, I get asked that question at autoxes too... :-O)