Re: Tire Trailer

To: kramey@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: Tire Trailer
From: Mike Shields <mshields@inconnect.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:54:28 -0600
The harbor Freight LCI-832T is 50x40 I think that is large enough to fit
245/45s down into the frame. Also the LCI-745TC is 50x60 which should be
big enough for anything. I'm able to fit (barely) my 225/45-15 Hoosiers
into the frame

Since you'd be pulling behind a higher HP car than my Miata it should do
just fine.  I don't even notice my 40x48 trailer behind the Miata until
I get up above 5000 ft.

I have mine set up with a homemade box made out of 1/2" plywood
sandwiched between aluminum angle (all from the Home Depot) and held
together with stainless steel screws and nuts. The top is hinged onto
the box and is also plywood/aluminum angle. I like mine made from wood
since I was able to screw in a couple of shelves into the box to give me
a little more flat space. I hide my little used items under the shelf.
The box is approx 36Lx22Wx24H and holds everything I need for a weekend
including my helmet, air tank, jack, tools, etc. I never unpack it, just
shove it into the corner of the garage.

Mike