Re: Need help classing Lotus

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help classing Lotus
From: "Dr. Stuart Strickland" <stuart@strickland.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 18:41:37 +0200
Structually, the Elise is closest to a targa in design design.  In addition to
the standard roll bar, which has only two anchor points,
Lotus sells a "cage" of sorts, one bar of which runs from the center of the
roll bar diagonally across to the passenger footwell.  Two
additional diagonal supports in the same plane as the original bar run from its
center to the original anchor points.  Can't say
whether this meets SCCA requirements, but it does satisfy the rather stringent
FIA requirements for wheel-to-wheel competition.

Stuart