Re: Need help classing Lotus

To: lollipop@ricochet.net
Subject: Re: Need help classing Lotus
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:20:35 EDT
lollipop@ricochet.net writes:

> Non-streetable only in the U.S., Charlie. Puritans that we still are.
> Omitting the "non-streetable" part of your sentence, the $60K cost
> certainly isn't a classing factor, nor should it be. Look at the
> Ferraris and Porsches that are running. The Elise looks like a bargain
> to me.

This is the Sports Car club of AMERICA.  Streetable in the U.S.A. applies.
Without U.S. Certification and a Natioal sales network that supports the
vehicle, it's nearly impossible to figure out what specifications the car has
to adhere to.  Even in D or E/M, if the competitors in that class have only
seen one of them, how do they know whether it adheres to their floorpan
rules, etc?

It belongs in A or B (if it meets Sports racer specs for the previous year.
"Specials" are not listed in B) Modified unless Lotus starts importing them
for sale to be driven on the streets of America.

CHD