Re: NOS in Street Modified

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NOS in Street Modified
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 09:33:59 -0400
> I am checking on the use of NOS on Solo2. I thought I found someplace
> that said it was illegal. I can't seem to find it now. We have one guy
> that is running it in Street Mod and I was wondering if it s legal.

Hmm.... I was pretty sure we had something on the books (or maybe in a
FastTrack clarification) that said that nitrous equipment (lines,
solinoids, nozzles, etc) was legal, but that the *bottle* was not - so a
fully-functioning nitrous system is illegal.

The main issue being safety, concerning bottle mounting, bottle handling,
and so on. A bottle explosion is not something we want to deal with.

The language regarding the lines, nozzles, and so on was there so that
someone with a dual/triple purpose car that ran nitrous on street/strip
could just leave the bottle at home and still be legal.

But I can't seem to find it anywhere.... so I guess putting this (back?)
into the rules goes on my list of things to do.

Tell your guy to leave his bottle at home. Feel free to give him my email
address (trog@wincom.net) if he wants to discuss the issue.

DG