RE: NOS in Street Modified

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NOS in Street Modified
From: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:11:12 -0500
Don Miller said:

> I believe the Solo Safety Board is addressing this. I
> would imagine since no Nitrogen or Oxygen additves
> other than what is already in the fuel is not allowed.
> I think it will be that the tank has to be out of the
> car.

Don't forget 1.4L (page 48):  "Pressurized gas and air bottles with a pressure
in excess of 200 psi must have a protective structure around their gauge and
valves."

I've heard that even a bottle that's depeted to the point of uselessness still
has well over 200 psi in it.  I always tell the NOS guys to remove the bottle
and leave it at home... it won't help them at a Solo anyway.

--
Loren Williams  | Loren@kscable.com
'96 Mazda Miata | Wichita Region SCCA - http://wichitascca.org/