Re: Pro Solo

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo
From: Stan Whitney <dp25sdw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 12:00:54 -0800 (PST)
Having run many pros in the last 2 years in a Prepared
car, you do have to assume some added wear and tear,
but no more than normal.  I for one launch just as
hard at a solo II course, as I do at the pro's  -
because evry single foot of any course counts,
including before and after the lights.

If you do not build to the nth degree of lightness in
the driveline(read fragility) you can survive quite
well.  Leave a little flex in the drivetrain to help
hookup and windup at the launch - that really helps.
You get wheelsping on most mediocre surfaces anyway
long before anything breaks.  The biggest challenge is
cooling for the summer with multiple drivers - but it
can be overcome.

Stan Whitney
DP #25