Re: Pro Solo

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:14:37 -0800
On Wednesday, December 27, 2000, at 06:44 AM, Paul Foster wrote:
> I think it is largely an issue of wear and tear on the driveline. Most road
> race vehicles are simply not made for drag racing, particularly since the
> only US class that has standing starts is pro Formula Atlantic and you have
> to replace the clutch every event not to mention the increased wear and tear
> on the gearbox. I'm sure the people who do participate in prepared and mod
> do pay the price with higher maintenance costs.

Josh Sirota and I did at least 4 Pros in 1997 in his Formula Ford including
many challenge runs and didn't have one single failure of any sort, much less
the transmission. In fact, come to think of it, I don't think we did much more
than roll it on and off the trailer all year long. Certainly some mod cars are
delicate but it certainly wasn't true of the Citation.

That was a great year for Mod at the Pros what with Josh, myself, Gary
Richardson and Ren and Shauna Marinus all doing the west-coast events.
Unfortunately you hardly ever see a CM car at a Pro these days but it sure was
fun while it lasted.

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl               | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA    | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com