Re: wrecks

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wrecks
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:00:31 -0800
Here's my wrecks:

Oct. 1990, LA area, '81 Honda Accord - I pulled onto an offramp and noticed
a stopped car ahead of me.  Because I didn't notice it soon enough, I braked
rather hard, and got rear-ended by a Nissan pickup.  My Honda sustained some
frame damage but was still driveable.  Repair estimate was over two grand,
so I didn't bother.

March 1991, Pomona, CA, '85 Chevy Sprint - It was raining and I was stopped
at a traffic light.  A Nissan pickup (different one; what is it with me and
Nissan pickups?) rear-ended me.  The driver spoke very little English.  I
was unable to get ahold of him, so I got a lawyer involved.  Eventually it
was determined he had gone back to Mexico for some reason.  Ironically, I
saw the same Nissan truck four years later, parked in the lot of a Pizza Hut
where I worked at the time.

May 1998, near Morgan Hill, CA, '91 Miata - My then-girlfriend (she's my
wife now) and I were returning from an autocross on US 101.  It had been
drizzling on and off and it was overcast, and we had the usual heavy traffic
coming back into San Jose.  A BMW decided it wanted to be in the #3 lane,
where I happened to be.  He smacked into the left front quarter of my car,
and a Corolla following in the #2 lane hit me in the left rear trying to
avoid the Bimmer.  The Bimmer took off; I didn't get a plate or a look at
the driver.  The Corolla spun, but fortunately nobody hit it.  All told, the
incident cost me four grand in body repairs, all from my pocket.

Scot