STS Tires Rules - Can we get some thoughts on spec tires?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: STS Tires Rules - Can we get some thoughts on spec tires?
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:02:49 -0700

Someone brought up the spec tire solution.  Seems to me this would be a great
idea.  Bring the proposal to each of the tire makers and see what they come up
with for a suggestion as well as discount for SCCA members on that tire.  Award
a 'contract' with support and supply metrics built in.

We know the treadwear rating is bogus
We know that it is an unenforceable rule
We know there will be people (and companies) would exploit it
We know you can't have a National class with a rule as vague as that

Spec tires.

AB