Re: BSM/SM2

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 16:52:00 -0500
This not meant as smart a$$, so please don't take it that way.

What are the drawbacks to having 60 classes as opposed to 50?  What bad
thing does this bring to the sport?  I guess my logic could create the
situation in 5 years of someone saying the same thing, just with 70 classes
opposed to 60 and so on.  150 classes is too many too, IMO, but the current
mix seems pretty good.

Under subscribed classes should be eliminated under due course.  The current
rule seems to work.  Wasn't AM under probation last year due to low turnout?
This year, they had good turnout.   The situation remedied itself.

Were there any classes with less than 12 entrants at nationals this year?
The new classes just added participants without removing them from other
classes (or they were replaced)

One thing is for sure, we (team.nut) could argue about this until our
keyboards wore out and still not change too many minds (among ourselves)

RogerStock - 4 entrants and counting

Dave