Re: BSM/SM2

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BSM/SM2
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:54:46 -0700
Dennis,
Your scenario seems to keep forgetting the two rules for OSP (or the "real"
StreetMod, as CalClub has called our OSP class for many years before it was
even a twinkle in your eye - hmmm, maybe we should ask for a royalty for
using our name :-)), ya gotta be able to license it and it has to run on DOT
tires.  That may limit some of the "unlimited" things people would do. I
know, some parts of the country may be more liberal in what they will
license.  Money and fame?  I suppose you could get your picture on the cover
of SportsCar, which gets seen by what, 50,000 people, of which what
percentage cares? Yes, I know, fame among your peers does count. And the
prize money may cover your costs of going to Nationals.  I'm not saying
there isn't a place for your SM, I applaud what you have accomplished and
wish you continued success as it develops, but don't know that I agree there
couldn't be a national OSP (not that there should be necessarily).  Between
SFR, CalClub and San Diego alone, we could probably field quite a few cars.
Just IMHO.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z