RE: My 92 Miata's rear sits too high

To: "'Hollis, Andy'" <ahollis@origin.ea.com>
Subject: RE: My 92 Miata's rear sits too high
From: "Brad Snakenberg" <bsnake@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:34:08 -0400
Andy, thanks a lot - that's exactly what I needed to know, even though it's
not what I wanted to hear :-)  I guess the other cars I see on the road that
look level must be weighted down with junk & accessories. I only weigh 155
lbs which makes a difference too.

I'll loosen up the joints one more time & tighten the stuff up with it
sitting on the ground before I get the alignment set. I'm installing a roll
bar this weekend which will add a couple pounds also.

Fortunately, the car really handles well even though it doesn't look
balanced. It performed well last Sunday at the MWSCC autocross, even with
street tires.

I haven't seen it in any FAQ's but I assume it's best to run on a
mostly-empty tank with these cars? Mine was on the lower part of the 'E'
mark and I didn't notice any fuel starvation problems.

If anything my front seems extra low. I'm not sure why - the only extra it
has is a Racing Beat front lower bumper cover that came with the car. If
it's not too much trouble I'm curious to know what your car's measurements
are.

Thanks again.

- Brad -
bsnake@usa.net