My 92 Miata's rear sits too high

To: "'bsnake@usa.net'" <bsnake@usa.net>,
Subject: My 92 Miata's rear sits too high
From: "Hollis, Andy" <ahollis@origin.ea.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:50:09 -0500
Brad Snakenberg" <bsnake@usa.net> says his 92 Miata is too high:

Sorry to break it ya, Brad, but that's the way they all are.  Mine looks
like a four-wheel drive vehicle.  Yes, loosen your sway bar and re-tighten
it when the car on the ground.  That will help and will also keep you rear
sway bar links from destroying themselves under load.

Replacing your struts probably made it worse, since the worn stock bushings
actually sit lower (right Katie?) than the newer, harder durometer AGX part.
Also, the gas charge in the stock shocks is pretty low compared to most
aftermarket shocks.  That adds even more to the ride height increase.   The
diff you have should be fine.

Most of the reason for this "issue" is removing weight from the car.  You
don't mention it, but I suspect that you are running with little fuel in the
tank and with the spare/jack removed.  The more weight you take off the car,
the higher it sits.  But its still faster that way.  In fact, a base model
will sit higher than an optioned out A or B package.  And a "C" package is
the lowest of all.  So don't get too excited by what it says in the book, as
they don't specify what option package that spec is for.

Contact me privately if you'd like more detailed info.  I can get you my
specs once I am at home.

--Andy Hollis