Re: Rocky's Stats for 2000?

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Rocky's Stats for 2000?
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:04:39 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
To: Rocky Entriken <rocky@tri.net>
Cc: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 7:04 PM

>Rocky wrote:
>
>>the ones I timed were 18-20 seconds.  What made it work was that
>the people
>>there buckled down to a very serious event and MADE it work. Not
>quite the
>>same mindset as the average Sunday autocross at which, IMHO,
>Phil would be
>>quite correct.
>
>If it's 18-20 seconds at the finish, that's not too bad. If it
>_starts_ in that range, it is likely that you will occasionally
>get finishes as close as 10 seconds.

I was timing starts. I also noticed that when a fast-class car went out
chasing a slower-class car, the starter usually gave him a bit more margin.

BTW, I figured out what saving five seconds per car meant over the entire
event. About eight hours! Or one hour per course per day.

>Jay "is there a penalty for knocking over workers?" Mitchell

Rulebook provides no penalty for such. Therefore, workers can be run down
with impugnity. That's why they must sign the waiver.  <weg>
:-)

--Rocky