Re: Tool brands and quality? Non-Autox related.

To: solo2crx@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Tool brands and quality? Non-Autox related.
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:01:49 -0500
When I first entered tech school, my dad bought me a toolbox full of
Pittsburgh Forge hand tools.  The chisels dulled, the screwdrivers
chipped, the handles broke off the prybars.  The wrenches were too bulky
to fit in tight places (however, Craftsman has that same problem).  Since
then, I have spent thousands of dollars on hand tools and I am surprised
all the time when I look in a drawer and see how many Pittsburgh tools I
still have, and use regularly.  Hand tools sometimes seem to be a matter
of taste, but here are my personal favorites:

1) Snap-On - they are simply the best.  Slim designs, ergonomical
handles, ultra-strong alloys.
2) S-K - I have always liked S-K sockets and screwdrivers.  I still have
a set of sockets in a metal box that are at least 30 years old I got from
dad.
3) Vise-Grip and Channellock -  everything similar is just a copy and
never seems to work as well or last as long.

MnshO
Jon FP 73