Re: New Miata

To: "Tony Ford" <EGFord@mazakcorp.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Miata
From: "Jim Hedderick" <jhedderick@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:47:49 -0500
What makes economic sense varies according to your circumstances. My wife
has a '96 Miata R which we autocross along with our '94R. This year it
became apparent that the '99 and '00 Miatas have a small advantage. A
serious conversion to CSP or DP could easily cost $15,000 to $20,000. For
about $21,000 or so, I can buy my wife a new 2001 Miata that my son & I can
autocross and she has a new car to drive to work. We can either sell the old
one or keep it.

We replace one car in the family every 4 years anyway, so stock class is
VERY economical for us. But, for others, it would not be.

Jim Hedderick
Houston