Re: STLOUS!!!! Re: Evolution/Peru warmup event

To: Christopher Hammond <christoc@mail.christoc.com>
Subject: Re: STLOUS!!!! Re: Evolution/Peru warmup event
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:17:11 -0500 (CDT)
Sorry Chris, but I've got to chime in as a St. Louisan who doesn't believe
that we should consider one event or another to be in competition.  Fact
is, the events can appeal to different folks.

You'll get more seat time, instructor feedback, and concrete in Peru.

You'll get divisional points, real competition, and more food, lodging and
entertainment options in St. Louis.

I'm sure that both events can, and will, be successful.  Take your pick.
I'm going to St. Louis, cause I live here.  I'd be torn if I was in
between.

We all do the best we can to avoid overlap.  And some weekends are just
too tempting to pass up, like three day ones for example.

Anyway, I for one would vote for constructive advertisement of events,
without the competitive angle.

Steven