Re: Right turn challenged driver looking for tips

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Right turn challenged driver looking for tips
From: Jenaro Rodriguez <dicej@cnw.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:30:28 -0700
I did an intermediate school a few months ago in which I did about 10
runs with a passenger (instructor). Didn't seem to make any discernible
difference. It seems that I'm far more precise turning left.  The reason
I'm thinking driver technique is that when I rode as a passenger in my
car with advanced drivers, I was impressed by how close they came to the
cones on right hand turns. Where I was pushing out towards the outside
they were hugging the turn and accelerating rapidly. I've tried to
emulate that but haven't been able to achieve the same effect. The proof
was that the following day, we ran the same course in reverse. Big
difference as the majority of the turns were right handed. Where in the
school I was running some decent times(~1 second slower than an advanced
driver in my own car), at the points event I struggled with the course.
A competitor who was running almost identical times as me in the school
beat me by 2 seconds at the points event. FWIW, I'll be taking the
Mcamey Phase-I in a few weeks. Thanks for the input,

    Jay
 '83 RX7 CSP