RE: M3's in ESP... The mental factor

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: M3's in ESP... The mental factor
From: Jason Saini <speedyj73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 16:55:09 -0700 (PDT)
>Ok, why not just ditch the whole ABCDEFGH thing and just have S, SP,
>ST, SM,
>P, and M.If your mind is THAT powerful, it should work.
>How would ya feel about running your Corrado against a RX7-TT? Still
>think
>you can win?
>
>Mike

Why is it that if you are not 100% specific in Team.Net posts you get
guys like this trying to make you look dumb...  not unlike high-school
bullies, making themselves look better by making others look bad.  or
maybe it's just humor, in which case bravo.

I know my Corrado can't beat an RX7tt.  I was merely trying to bring
light to an often forgotten factor in our game.  Obviously I meant
*within* the current class structure...  How about 'Most cars in most
classes could win with the preparation and driving of a top
autocrosser.'  There... is that sufficiently vauge enough for you?
There are certianly cars that don't have a shot.  Integra GSR and
Rogers older Corvette come to mind, but what I'm saying is that the Bob
Tunnell's of the world can hop in almost anything and go fast.
Remember ES and a certain Jetta, DS and the 318?

This all reminds me of SCCA World Challenge...  The BMW's were always
complaining about not being able to keep up with the Acura's.  They
kept getting allowances to make them faster.  Peter Cunningham, owner
of an Acura team got sick of it and decided to build a Bimmer to show
everyone how fast it could be if prepped to the maximum and driven by a
true champion.  Cocky move, but you gotta respect it.  Well he went out
and took the pole, and let his teammate by near the end, but could have
won handily.  Sounds just like Solo classing debates...  Prove that the
car is prepped *and* driven well before giving allowances or making
class changes.  So Bob... build a Mustang or Camaro and shut everyone
up *please*.

-Jason Saini  .  Chicago, IL
-'93 Corrado  .  GS Sleeper

http://invites.yahoo.com/