Re: MR2-s vs. Miata in Automobile Mag & SF Car Show

To: Darren Madams <darren@madams.com>
Subject: Re: MR2-s vs. Miata in Automobile Mag & SF Car Show
From: Ian McCloghrie <ian@codrus.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 14:19:15 -0800
On Dec 9, 1999 Darren Madams wrote:
> MR2-s is lighter (2150 vs. 2299).  Does that sound right, miata owners?

2299 is the advertised curb weight for the 99, but is probably high
for BS-trim.  My 99 weighed 2330 on the corner-weighting scales that
someone brought to Thunderhill a month or so ago, that was with 1/4
tank of gas, without spare tire and floor mats, but with a rollbar
(probably 50+ pounds right there) and a fire extinguisher.  Plus I have
the relatively porky leather package, with leather seats, Bose stereo,
A/C, power windows, power steering, etc.

--Ian
'99 Miata