Re: Driving While Stupid

To: Jamie Sculerati <jamies@mrj.com>
Subject: Re: Driving While Stupid
From: JAC73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:27:45 -0500

>> Then a graphic pops onto the lower part of the screen "He/She drive the same
>> roads you do."  then "Lexus Safety".  I think they're on to something here...

>Oh, you mean on TV -- I was thinking of my drive to work....

>Seriously, I'd like it better if Lexus used these clips to promote better
>driver training or enforcement of traffic laws which really contribute to
>driver safety, rather than just implying you're better off encased in one
>of their cars when you're hit.  For that, I'll buy a '72 Impala and
>install a roll cage.

I know what you mean, but that would depend on the audience recognizing that the
twinks portrayed in the ads are *them* and not "the other guy"... and also on
offending those who do recognize themselves, which may not be a bad thing, now
that I think about it.  In any case, looking for altruistic motivation in
non-Hours Of Community Service advertising is a little like going off in search
of the Blair Snipe.

>But hey -- I live the place where a traffic judge decided a woman applying
>makeup at 60 mph wasn't driving recklessly because she stayed in her lane
>and didn't hit anything (true case -- last year!)...

Where is this so I can stay really really far away from there?

Jim Crider