Re: A friendly tip, now lighting annoyances

To: bruce haden <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: A friendly tip, now lighting annoyances
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 12:32:53 -0600
bruce haden wrote:

> >> BTW, I _hate_ DRLs. If you can't see something the size of a car in
> >> broad daylight you should not be driving!
> >
> >What about a white car in a snow storm?
> >PLW
>
> Can you say..."headlights"?

Thank you, that's exactly the point my freind.  Despite what you and I
know to be the right thing to do, the headlights in that white car do
*not* get turned on by their dopey driver in most cases.  That is
reality.  So because we, as the average driving public, have shown
ourselves to be too stupid to put those lights on, someone has done it
for us.  Makes perfect sense to me.

Unfortunately, DRL's are not smart enough to know when it's sunny, and
when it's snowing.  It is annoying to see all these lights all the time
I agree, but that one time it saves your ass under tough visibility
conditions, it's not such a bad thing after all.

Sorry...back to autocrossing.

PLW