Re: A friendly tip, now lighting annoyances

To: NeonACR1@aol.com
Subject: Re: A friendly tip, now lighting annoyances
From: reddog_es22@juno.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 01:33:20 -0600
Ed-
As a one time avid motorcyclist (three years on only two wheels), I have
to disagree. The time you need to be noticed is not when there is other
traffic around (non- looking lane changers are relatively easy to avoid),
but when you are the only one around. The biggest scares I ever got were
from the ubiquitous left turning cars in front of me. Generally this
happened when there weren't cars around. Did I run my high beams during
the day? You betcha! I never did understand how people could miss that
100 watt high :^) I'd hate to see what would happen on a bike with no
lights!

Do I like DRL's? Nope, but considering how much attention most people pay
while they are driving, they need all the help they can get. I call it
"lowest common denominator" factor.

Scott Sawyer
'91 Honda Civic Si, ES 22
Team Underdog Racing, Underdog F&C