Re: Award for Baileys

To: Brian Priebe <priebe.4@osu.edu>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Award for Baileys
From: James Hamm <jhhamm@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 03:29:38 -0700

Brian Priebe wrote:

> To bad there is not a sportmanship award for during the Pro Solo season.
>
> I have to thank Kay and Kevin Bailey for being so nice to Renee Eady and
> myself in the challenge.  Mike Eckert ripped the sway bar end link
> off our car the first round of the National Challenge.  Kay and Kevin
> were there to save the day and let Renee and I both run the their MR2 in
> the challenge.  Due to rules I could not run there car.  Kevin offered
> to take himself out of the challenge and when the Ladies Challenge was
> over, to put his strut in my car so I could run the challenge.
>
> Now both Kay and Kevin knew that this could not benefit them by helping
> Renee and I out in anyway.  But they still did it.  I don't know many
> people that would take themselves out of a challenge to try to help a
> friend out.
>
> This is what I feel solo is suppose to be about.  I think it has
> disappeared some, but I am glad there is still some sportsmen and
> sportswomen around.
>
> Thanks Again to Kay and Kevin
>
> --Brian Priebe

Brian,

With so much talk about weenie protests taking up band width on team.net
it has reached the point of urban legend.
New and not-so-new team dot'ers should be made well aware that your
experience with Kay and Kevin are a whole lot closer to what really
happens at a major event.
There isn't an event that goes by with out some one like the Bailey's
extending themselves way above and beyond friendliness.  It just doesn't
get recognized in print like you have done.  I think your idea of a
sports person award should rank right up there with challenge winners.
The Bailey's and quite a few others would be the owners of a number of
additional trophies
        Jim