Re: Award for Baileys

To: Brian Priebe <priebe.4@osu.edu>
Subject: Re: Award for Baileys
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 08:43:32 -0700
Brian Priebe wrote:

> To bad there is not a sportmanship award for during the Pro Solo season.

There should be. Good idea Brian.

> I have to thank Kay and Kevin Bailey for being so nice to Renee Eady and
> myself in the challenge.  Mike Eckert ripped the sway bar end link
> off our car the first round of the National Challenge.  Kay and Kevin
> were there to save the day and let Renee and I both run the their MR2 in
> the challenge.

Fascinating story, but I am confused on some points. I would like to
hear more about this if you don't mind (sure beats the old team.net
tired threads..or is it tire threads).

>  Due to rules I could not run their car.

What rules? Is this because there would have been two drivers in one car
in the Pro challenge?

  Kevin offered
> to take himself out of the challenge and when the Ladies Challenge was
> over, to put his strut in my car so I could run the challenge.

Why, if Kevin was not going to run the challenge, could you not just run
his car? When you say strut, did you actually transfer the strut
housing?

> Now both Kay and Kevin knew that this could not benefit them by helping
> Renee and I out in anyway.  But they still did it.  I don't know many
> people that would take themselves out of a challenge to try to help a
> friend out.

Yep. The Bailey's are great people, but this is extreme sportsmanship.
Sounds like it would make a great story for some publication that covers
this sport.. Katie Kelly, isn't there some publication you know about?

> This is what I feel solo is suppose to be about.  I think it has
> disappeared some, but I am glad there is still some sportsmen and
> sportswomen around.
>
> Thanks Again to Kay and Kevin

Great story Brian. This is one of the reasons that CS/P5 in the ProSolo
is a great class to run in.

Randy Chase
'91 MR2 CS