Re: AutoX: newbie

To: Dziura <dziura@sprint.ca>
Subject: Re: AutoX: newbie
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 21:47:20 -0500
Dziura wrote:

> hi list,
>
> this is my first post to the list.  i'm starting my first season in autoX in
> a week or two.  i've been around autoX since last summer but this is my
> first time acutally driving. i attended one school  last summer and i cant'
> wait till i get on the track.
>
> this brings me to tire question. anyone care to share their experiance with
> R rated tires? i am sure that this has been covered numberous times on this
> list you please email me directly.
>
> also would anyone in southern ontario have a used set of race tires that
> they would like to sell?? 14"

Welcome newbie!!  You did list the car you drive in your sig.  No
matter, my advice to you would be to just go at it, have a load of fun,
and don't sweat the tires just yet.  It's good to cut your teeth on
street tires IMO.  You learn an awful lot about what you car want's to
do at more manageble speeds and with more pronouced effect.  Above all
else, have fun!

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese