Pylon for May 1999

To: All <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for May 1999
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 12:35:00 -0400
North American Pylon for May 1999 went into the mail on Monday, May 3, and
is now headed toward subscribers for personal delivery by a uniformed
official of the U.S. government.

        Coverage this issue includes events by
        SCCA's Philadelphia Region at Nazareth (PA) Speedway, a pair;
        SCCA Atlanta Region "Fun Event";
        SCCA National Tour at Dallas, (or it it Fort Worth?), Texas,
including complete results;
        SCCA Pro Solo at San Bernardino, CA;
        American Autocross Series opener, and Round 2, at Mather Field,
Rancho Cordova, CA;
        SCCA Divisionals at Pahrump, NV, and Norton, CA;
        Redwood Sports Car Club events at Eureka, CA;
        SCCA San Francisco Region events at Oakland, San Francisco, and
Stockton, CA (6 events over 5 weekends!).

        Interview with Bill Fleig of Sacramento, CA, the 1998 B Prepared
National Champion who won in his first-ever appearance at the Solo II
Nationals. No novice, he's been autocrossing for 35 years.

        Columns by Byron Short, Henry Watts, Lorenzo the Scribe, JD Kemp,
John Kelly, and Dwayne Komush.
        Our road test is of Toyota's Camry Solara V6 Coupe.
        And, our calendar of future events in a handy-dandy form that will
fit in your car's "glove box," has been updated. (We're still missing
several club/region calendars, club/region leaders not included are invited
to help us out.)

        To obtain you subscription, Call 1-800-KT-KELLY between 9 a.m.-5
p.m. Pacific time and charge the $24 (for 12 monthly issues) to your Visa,
MasterCard, or Discover card.

--John Kelly, editor