Re: AutoX: newbie

Subject: Re: AutoX: newbie
From: Brian Porter <porterb@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 13:24:12 -0400
As being an newbie to autox myself, I'd recommend you stick with street
tires for a while. I found street tires speed up the learning curve and are
much more forgiving when mistakes are made. (so you don't waste a set of
tires over a simple error) Plus they're cheaper..

I've run about 5 events on street tires and have just switched to racing
tires. I'm VERY glad I didn't start out on racing tires 'cause I'd have
shredded a few sets by now.. :)

-Brian

At 11:55 AM 5/5/99 -0400, Dziura wrote:
>hi list,
>
>this is my first post to the list.  i'm starting my first season in autoX in
>a week or two.  i've been around autoX since last summer but this is my
>first time acutally driving. i attended one school  last summer and i cant'
>wait till i get on the track.
>
>this brings me to tire question. anyone care to share their experiance with
>R rated tires? i am sure that this has been covered numberous times on this
>list you please email me directly.
>
>also would anyone in southern ontario have a used set of race tires that
>they would like to sell?? 14"
>
>TIA
>Martin
>ICQ# 27930082