Planting the rear

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Planting the rear
From: Larry Boardman <webdoc@javanet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 23:29:50 -0400
I am really enjoying autocrossing my 98 Camaro Z-28.  After 3 events I
am getting comfortable throttle steering. The problem I would really
like to correct is oversteer and lack of traction on the straights.  I
was surprised that a totally stock car did not push in the turns even
when I came in too fast.  The car is running 245/45/16 Kumhos all around
with pressures of 34-35 in front and 28-29 in the rear.  Roll over looks
right on the money.  I also run with a full tank. Would running
265/45/16's on the rear help?

I'm not sure shocks like Koni single adjustables or a 1LE front bar is
the cure either.  The car really handles very well and my times are very
good if the rear stays planted.  I know I still have much more to learn
on driving this car since I came from front wheels drive but even on the
straights, the rear just does brakes loose when gradually getting on the
power. Any suggestions (must be allowable in F Stock!)

Larry Boardman