Re: meditation

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: meditation
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:47:59 -0400
RacerRay52@aol.com wrote:

> I confess, I enjoy the little battles that break out about tires.
> That's about as far as it goes though. Just some net fun.

And I sure hope that's the way it's all taken. How can anybody learn why the
rules are the way they are if the rules aren't questioned from time to time?

And more often than not, it comes out that there's a pretty good reason behind a
rule - slicks in SP being an example. I'm now of the opinion that it's a Bad
Idea, now that it's been explained _why_ it's a Bad Idea.

Education is Good.

> Autocross was at one time a place for the amateur
> to enjoy some relatively low pressure and low cost competitive fun with
> whatever car he happened to have.

Isn't it still that way?

This list may have a higher than normal percentage of "serious" autocrossers,
and those that want to be "serious" - but isn't the vast majority out there in
The Real World still low cost, low pressure, and fun?

I mean, there's certainly nothing wrong with being "serious", or wanting to be
"serious" (One of the two describes yours truly, after all) - but the "serious"
folks are definately in the minority. At least, that's my perception.

DG