Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: "Sam Strano" <strano@stranoparts.com>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: "Hung-Jen Hung" <hhung@inreach.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:50:52 -0800
> Downpipes etc. can add boost to and engine.  That is BOOST, not unforced
> air.  That is something that no normally aspirated car can do.  Changing a
> chip can add chip in some cars does add boost and change curves etc.  Not
> so in a NA car.

Then can we add a boost controller to limit the boost?
The answer is no.

I have a downpipe in my RX-7. Yes, it indeed adds boost,
but actually I don't wanna that much boost that will eventually
kill my motor and turbos.  Therefore I put a boost controller
to LIMIT the boost to factory setting, 10.5 psi.  However the
rule says the boost controller is not allowed in SP class.
So what do we do?  Why can't we use the boost controller
if we are using it to limit the boost instead of increasing it.

Hung-Jen Hung
RX-7 Gallery < http://home.inreach.com/hhung >