RE: SP rules and ESP Clarification

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: SP rules and ESP Clarification
From: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:16:48 -0700
> >You guys are not in any differnet position than anyone else in this club.
> >Turbo's are not hamstrung by SCCA.  Did it ever occur to anyone that just
>
> Not YET.  If the rule passes, turbo cars WILL be hamstrung. What else do
> you call a rule that singles out certain cars for restrictions?
>
> Maybe it is the NA cars that are not suited for autox, if rules must be
> passed to make them competitive...
>
> Sorry for the sarcasm, but if the rule goes into effect, I and a lot of
> others will have to spend money to modify our cars to meet it.
        ---

        I think it will be just the opposite.

        The SCCA will be building itself to be the exclusive home for NON
tuborcharged cars.

        A HUGE section of the sports-car society will be ostracized from
even considering participating past the stock class.

        And AutoX may be fun, but when you exist in such a tormented class
of car, why bother.

        I know Ive mailed my feelings on this new 'rule' to the SCCA, I sure
hope that everyone with an opinion on this list (pro or con) have done the
same.