Re: The Cost of A-X (long)

To: <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Cost of A-X (long)
From: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendot@excelonline.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:23:50 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 1:42 AM
Subject: The Cost of A-X (long)

>  You know, I think that Mari has hit on a novel approach for
this forum
>- facts and figures rather than guessing and opinion. Perhaps it
will
>catch on!

But doesn't that take the entertainment factor out?  ;)

>  1.)  A number of posts lately have claimed that this sport is,
or
>should be, cheap and inexpensive.  Sorry - the facts are that
this hobby
>is not.  You probably don't want to choose Solo with a minimum
wage job.
> Or try to pay for tires with food stamps.  Try polo instead.

Snipping the balance of an excellent post.  The last Detroit
Region meeting program was "getting started in ....."  The re was
general agreement that the cheapest form of autosport (at least
as is available within SCCA) is Road Rally.  They never mentioned
Dramamine on the list of required equipment, though.

Bruce