Re: M Coupe?

To: Andy Lester <alester@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: M Coupe?
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 14:10:55 -0800
Andy,

To answer your questions in reverse:

You can *barely* fit four of last years Comp T/A R1s in, 255/40-17s on
the front and 275/40-17s on the rear.  Not much space for anything else
though, certainly not a passenger.

You cannot fit four of this year's G-Force R1s in, 245/40-17 and
275/40-17.  However, maybe those tires are too wide anyway.  And no,
there are no available trailer hitches, nor is there any obvious way to
make one, though I have some ideas.

As for its autocross ability, despite having it for over 5 months, I
still have yet to run this car on the race tires in dry conditions.  It
is spectacularly good on the street tires in the pouring rain, but on
the race tires in the pouring rain, it's only so-so.  It's not great on
the street tires in the dry anyway.

We'll know more after the San Diego National Tour in a couple of weeks.
I'll be running in CM, but there will be a couple of special guests in
my M Coupe :-)

Josh