M Coupe?

To: "'Team.Net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: M Coupe?
From: Andy Lester <alester@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 16:00:59 -0500
I just got back from looking at the BMW M Coupe.  My current VW Corrado is a
fun-to-drive car that doesn't seem to be competitive in GS beyond the regional
level (of course, neither is the driver in this case), and I'm wondering if the
Coupe will be the same situation in SS.  Specifically, I'm wondering about
handling on an autocross course.  Some of the magazines have said the handling
was a bit more challenging than, say, a Boxster.  The suspension seems fairly
stiff, but it's still the same basic rear suspension that occasionally runs out
of travel in slaloms and flips E-30 cars on their roofs.  The front suspension
doesn't appear to be adjustable for camber.  On the other hand, they do have
fairly wide wheels/tires.  Any thoughts from those who have actually driven one
on more than just a test drive?  And any idea if you can fit 4 wheels/tires in
one?
Thanks
Andy Lester