RE: ABS facts and myths

To: gofastlane@yahoo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ABS facts and myths
From: DOUG GILL 383-4291 <DGILL@a1.stim.tec.tn.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:27:45 -0500 (CDT)
          >Alright, already, stop your grumbling and read on.

          Travis, I am not grumbling, I just want to know more than somebody
          said it did. If it's such common knowledge why can't I locate it?
          I don't consider myself important enough to expect people to
          believe me just because I heard someone on team.net who said they
          heard it from someone on the BMW list or something. I just would
          like something a little more concrete.

          >http://www.audi.com/java/models/mapframe/safefram.html
          >
          >click the arrow next to ESP and follow the synergetic principle to
          > get to the goods.  I'm equally sure that I read an article in a
          > car magazine regarding this system and one other.

          This helps, but it is discussing the anti-blocking system. What is
          that? " . . . prevents each wheel individually from blocking when
          brake pressure is applied." Could be an spelling error but I still
          stick to my guns that just because it's a 4-channel ABS doesn't
          mean that the rear brakes are activated independently during ABS
          (anti-lock braking system) operation. This seems to be more about
          yaw control rather than specifically about ABS.

          Sorry, I had a genuine question. I'll know better to ask team.net
          to answer a question for me again.

          Mumbles