Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac

To: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:04:03 -0600
Jeff Blankenship wrote:

> Hee hee, I was gonna blow ya some sh!t and say something smart-ass like "I
> didn't know you could get a 914 going fast enough to put heat in the brakes",
> but since you did a lot better than DFL at Nationals, I owe you some healthy
> respect.  :^)  (I like 914s, but in stock form, acceleration is, well, not
> their strong point...)

Oh! A sting! You wound me sir! :-P

Actually, I've never had any brake over heating problem on an autox course. As
the Elder's license plate frame reads..."What? Me brake?".

But on the track, the 914s weak point os not only its regretable lack of
power, but the 914s are also notorious for hot brakes.

> So who sells that Motul, and how much is it?  Got any specs (DOT class,
> boiling points)?

Who sells it? Lots of distributors. How much? Around $10/qt.

Compatible with DOT3/DOT4/DOT5, dry boiling point 585 degrees F. 412 degrees F
wet.

> Oh, and as far as Castrol SRF goes, for that kind of money, I can buy beer
> for almost a year.  Tough call.  Cheers!

That's true enough... :-)

>  (sound of MGD bottles clinking - the Champagne of beers!)

Eh, that's debateable. But whatever foats your boat (or brain). :-)

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/