Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac

To: jhadler@rmi.net
Subject: Re: Brake fluid and Mityvac
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:33:44 CST
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP wrote:

>       But sometimes you get what you pay for. I've boiled away the Castrol
> LMA stuff before, so I'm rather biased against it. I like Motul 600, but
> that's a personal preference.

Hee hee, I was gonna blow ya some sh!t and say something smart-ass like "I
didn't know you could get a 914 going fast enough to put heat in the brakes",
but since you did a lot better than DFL at Nationals, I owe you some healthy
respect.  :^)  (I like 914s, but in stock form, acceleration is, well, not
their strong point...)

So who sells that Motul, and how much is it?  Got any specs (DOT class,
boiling points)?

Thanks for the help.

Oh, and as far as Castrol SRF goes, for that kind of money, I can buy beer
for almost a year.  Tough call.  Cheers!  (sound of MGD bottles clinking -
the Champagne of beers!)
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                           Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                                ITDS - TRIS