Re: Street Touring rules evolution question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Touring rules evolution question
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 00:14:47 -0800
At 11:45 AM 2/4/99 -0600, you wrote:
>> As for the tires, as long as they meet the treadwear rating and have
>> escaped the exclusion list...they'll be legal until the get 'added' to the
>> list!

Do ST tires need to meet the "availability" rule? (13.3.F) I know many of
the hot street tires don't have a 13" or 14" size so unless they have an
18" tire they would not be legal if that rule (six sizes in four diameters)
is in effect.

For that matter do the ST rules prohibit using the OEM tires if that tire
has a treadwear rating less than 160?

Just wondering...

- Alan Dahl