autox-cm

RE: FF2000 in CM?

To: "'garryj@localnet.com'" <garryj@localnet.com>
Subject: RE: FF2000 in CM?
From: "Pruett, Christopher (CK)" <CKPruett@dow.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:14:42 -0500
Jim,

As was the case 5 years ago, I was just offering up an idea to allow the FF2000
to run in CM vs.. BM as these cars are closer mechanically to the FF/S2 than
the FA/CSR. After running a FF2000 in BM, I really don't think it matters much
either way as you're just as handicapped running unrestricted in BM as I
believe you would be in CM with a harder compound. Besides, I still think that
a fully prepared FF2000 car can be reasonably competitive (fighting for a
trophy position, but not the overall win...) in BM. I know that my FF2000 was
nowhere near fully developed as a Solo2 car; I gave up on it after spending too
much time dealing with mechanical issues. As I said, I do it again; I was
considering two '84 Reynard FF2000's before buying the '82 Reynard FF1600.

-pru-