autox-cm

RE: FF2000 in CM?

To: cm <autox-cm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: FF2000 in CM?
From: "Pruett, Christopher (CK)" <CKPruett@dow.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 19:05:55 -0600
All,

I posted the following note to the list 5 years ago on this same subject. I
still hold the same opinion; let the FF2000 compete in CM, but require it to
run the Goodyear R430 or Hoosier R60. I believe this idea has more merit than
adding ballast given the current GCR FF2000 minimum weight of 1175. Please note
that, then or now, my idea never went any further than this list. That is, I
never sent a formal request to the SEB on the subject.

I did follow up on my desire to compete in Solo2 with a FF2000 by running a '88
SE3 over the 2000-2002 seasons in BM. It was fun, but I sold the car after
growing tired of the endless problems I kept encountering even after a total
frame up rebuild (carb flooding, rev limiter cutting in at 4000, clutch
hydraulics that needed constant bleeding, front wing repair/replacement...).

When I started shopping for a new Solo2 car, I looked at FF1600, FF2000 and FS
(project) cars. After comparing 6 different cars, I decided on a FF1600 that
was already Solo2 prepared, but I came close of buying another FF2000...

-pru-
'82 Reynard FF1600
SVR/SCCA
Member #179344