SV: Rear Axle Problems

To: "alpine autox" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: SV: Rear Axle Problems
From: "KJ" <gratz@tystberga.mail.utfors.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 21:01:44 +0100
When we where racing Ford Escorts Mk1 (BDA engine but quite conservative in
power, approx.. 150 Hp) there was this problem with driveshaft  braking in the
splines just outside the differential wheels. We have to make new ones out of
better material. Compared with the smooth and well made Rootes driveshaft, the
Ford driveshaft is very rough.
But there are models like Capri 3-litre or Granada and later Escorts. And the
Salisbury axle from the Aston Martin. The Rootes diff. is also Salisbury so
they look the same.
Kristian J