Re: Rear Axle Problems

To: "Jarrid Gross" <jarrid_gross@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Problems
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 10:14:37 +1300
Thanks Jarrrid. Good to know about the problems that I could have run into.
I talked to a diff place here one that does LSD conversions, who said they
would cut out the centre housing, and weld the axle tubes et all to a Ford
Falcon centre housing. This in turn can take a borg warner LSD, (either 2 or
4 spider) which takes the same 25 spline axles as the rootesmobiles. They've
done a few of these coversions fine. Total price about $800 NZ ($300 USA).
All sounded a bit haywire to me, but may be an answer. I think I'll try to
work on getting my suspenion better set up to get rid of inside wheelwpin
first.

Greg