Re: ford/firestone

To: <MrZAG57@aol.com>, <brian_steel@telus.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ford/firestone
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 07:09:04 -0700
Eric wrote:
> Ford chose to build the vehicles with Firestone tires. If they had chosen
not > to save the reported "$18.30us" on each one and put Michelin,
Goodyear, or > BFG on them, they would not be in this position.

That is true, but all car dealers put bad tires on new cars. i bought a new
Chevy and it had "General tires" rated for 45,000-50,000 miles. not one of
them made it over 20,000 before exploding on the freeway and taking a body
panel with them! I also bought a Ford truck and it had goodyear tires on it.
They didn't last 40,000. My dad always told me to take the new car to the
tire shop and get new tires that are good. don't waste your time with the
stuff they put on a car to keep the price below $19,999. Lou