Shiny plastic

To: "alpines@autox.team.net" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shiny plastic
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 21:31:53 -0700
Hi, all:
I'm trying to locate some kind of a resin that can be polished to a
super high shine--something equal to the reflectance of automotive
paint.

I thought about the Corvette and the Lotus and I thought the early cars
were finished in something called a "gel coat" that could be got shiny
with polish, but I don't really know anything about those cars, or that
kind of material.

It occured to me that some of you, in your long and varied careers as
car (or possibly boat)owners might have had some experience with the
plastic fantastic automobiles, or with some other form of resin-bodied
vehicle and could offer me some wise council.

I'd like to be able to tint or color it black and after it hardens to
polish it to the point where the shine will blind me.

Anybody out there got some recommendations as to material,
manufacturers, and/or tinting media?

Thanks in advance.

David Sosna
S4 GT V6 with a cracked steering wheel that I want to fix.